UA-52744532-1

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Science Tool Kit - A Homemade Gift

We gave this gift a while ago to a good friend of ours, but I loved how it turned out so much I couldn't resist sharing it with you too!

Over the summer our friend became really interested in science experiments, which lead to the creation of this homemade science tool kit for his birthday. We based several of the gift ideas on the activities we had done during our Science Week.

For the most part, the materials I bought can be found at a local box store, like Wal-Mart or at a dollar store. One thing that we did order online was a magnet set with a variety of magnets shapes and sizes. We found this one on Amazon and put it all in a pencil box from the dollar store. We also added a small box of multicolored paper clips.

Another thing I bought online was a set of 6 eye droppers. With the eye droppers I added some other science tools such as large tweezers (from the dollar store) and a magnifying glass (found at Wal-Mart). I placed all these tools in a pencil case also from the dollar store. 

Of course the tool kit needed some fun kitchen science ingredients too! We added a small container of baking soda, a small bottle of white vinegar, and a set of 4 food coloring bottles. I also grabbed a spray bottle from the dollar store. 

Finally I printed out several copies of our "Science Experiment" papers and added them to the science kit with a pencil and a ruler. (Also from the dollar store.) 

I added all of the materials to a plastic tub and used alphabet stickers to put the words "Science Tool Kit" onto the lid. I also added out friend's name on the side of the lid. 

The kit was a huge hit with our friend on his birthday, and also a ton of fun to put together! 
I would definitely put together another set again as a birthday present. 
I'd love to know, what would you add to this homemade science kit?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... This post may also have been shared at some of these terrific link parties

No comments:

Post a Comment